The Board has made every effort to include the information you need to renew your license on this website. Visit our Help Center, FAQs, Continuing Education and Resources page for frequently asked questions, links, forms, applications and other helpful information. If you have additional questions about your renewal process, please contact a renewal specialist.
Click on the appropriate tab below to see the Renewal Requirements, Process, Fees and Continuing Education (CE) for an Athletic Trainer.
To ensure you receive your renewal notification from the department, your current mailing address must be on file. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to renew before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reinstate the license may be required to appear before the board and establish the ability to practice with the care and skill sufficient to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
Licensees requesting to reactivate their license from inactive or retired status are required to pay additional fees and comply with specific continuing education requirements. Please contact the board office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your reactivation requirements.
If you are renewing your license, please refer to the Laws & Rules governing your practice for additional requirements.
The department will renew your license upon receipt of:
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
- Current BOC certification attestation
- 100 % CE compliance in CEBroker
- Go to www.flhealthsource.gov and click the “Renew A License” button.
- Enter your Personal Identifying Information (PII), then click the Login button.
- Confirm or update your MQA Services Account email address, then click the “Continue” button.
- You are now in the Dashboard. During renewals, a “Renew My License” option will populate no later than 90 days prior to your license expiration date. (Note: If you do not see the “Renew My License” option, please check back at a later time.)
*** If the “PII Failed” screen displays, click the “Other Login Option” button and enter your existing User ID and password to access your account.***
- You may renew online if you have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction. Please note that you can now renew online, print a copy of your application summary and mail it with your cashier’s check or money order to:
Division of Medical Quality Assurance
P.O. Box 6320
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6320
- If you are renewing your license after the expiration date and your status still indicates Clear/Active, you will be assessed a delinquency fee. The delinquency fee will be in addition to your renewal fees.
- If your license was Delinquent/Active before the renewal deadline, it will be moved to Null and Void status after the renewal deadline. You should contact your board office for further instruction.
- The process of renewing a license and receiving a printed license in the mail may take 7-10 business days. Initiating contact to confirm the receipt of fees or the status of your license prior to this time will not expedite the renewal process.
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health.
If renewing BEFORE your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$105.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$55.00|
|Active to Inactive||$55.00|
|Inactive to Active||$130.00|
|Active to Retired||$55.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$55.00|
If renewing AFTER your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$180.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$130.00|
|Active to Inactive||$155.00|
|Inactive to Active||$230.00|
|Active to Retired||$155.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$155.00|
If renewing 120 day Notified Delinquent, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$310.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$185.00|
|Active to Inactive||$185.00|
|Inactive to Active||$335.00|
|Active to Retired||$260.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$185.00|
Licenses become Null & Void1 on October 1, 2018.
By submitting the appropriate renewal fees to the department, a licensee acknowledges compliance with all requirements for renewal, including continuing education.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
To locate board approved CE Courses for this profession, please click here
|Required Subject Area||Required Number of Hours||Important Information|
|General Hours||22||At least 14 hours must be live CE requiring participation and attendance. Licensees may only obtain up to 10 hours of home study CE.|
|CPR Certification||0||Licensees must have a current certification in cardiovascular pulmonary resuscitation with an automated external defibrillator at the professional rescue level from the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association, American Safety and Health Institute, the National Safety Council, or an entity approved by the Board as equivalent.|
First Biennium Renewal: Athletic Trainers initially licensed in the first half of the biennium and renewing a license for the first time must complete the 24 hours as stated in the chart above.
Athletic Trainers initially licensed the second half of the biennium and are renewing a license for the first time are required to complete 12 hours of continuing education which includes 2 hours of medical errors and have a current CPR certification as stated above. NOTE: Licensees initially licensed in the second year of the biennium must take at least 7 hours of live CE requiring attendance and participation.
Board Rule Approved Providers
- Board of Certification
- Post certification courses in Athletic Training sponsored by a college or university approved by the US Department of Education which provides curriculum for Athletic Trainers
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- Courses, professional development activities, and publication activities approved by the Board of Certification (BOC)
- Home study courses approved by the BOC will be acceptable for no more than 10 of the required continuing education hours. The remaining 14 hours require actual attendance and participation. For those licensees who are initially licensed during the second year of the biennial period, only 5 of the required continuing education hours may consist of home study courses. The remaining 7 hours require actual attendance and participation.
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View
Florida Administrative Code